THIS INDULGENT HOMEMADE MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE COMBINES TWO TYPES OF CHEESE, MILK AND ORIGINAL BUBI’S SAUCE® FOR ULTIMATE TASTE, COMFORT AND CREAMINESS
MAC’ N CHEEZ
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) milk
- shredded cheddar cheese (280 g/ 10 oz block)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (221 ml) Original Bubi’s Sauce®
- 2–1/2 cups (375 ml) elbow macaroni, cooked with salted water and drained
- 1/2 tsp (5 g) ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp (7.5 g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bread–crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat Bubi’s Sauce in large saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour with wire whisk to make a roux. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Bring just to the boiling point over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir in Parmesan & 1 cup Cheddar reserving remainder for top, salt & pepper. Stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir in macaroni. Adjust salt & pepper to personal liking. Pour into 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle remainder of shredded cheddar. Sprinkle with bread–crumbs. A sprinkle of paprika will add color.
- Bake uncovered until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes.